my wedding dress

24 Jul

Kelly is hosting a Show us your life – Wedding dress edition MckLinky.

I’m game!

My dress is an Elizabeth Fillmore design. I say “is” because I still have it. I had is cleaned and preserved and boxed up. The preserving ladies even gave me little white gloves to use if I ever wanna take it out. I know to a lot of people that sounds crazy. Maybe! I’m just not ready to part with it.

It’s name is Isabelle. Yes, my dress has a name. Elizabeth Fillmore named it though…not me…I’m not that crazy ;)

Let’s start from the beginning.

Mom and Hannah helping me get ready.

wedding dress

Mom buttoning my behind.

wedding dress 2  wedding dress 3

Can you guess what I’m doing?

wedding dress 4 wedding dress 6

Peeling apart double sided tape so that the girls weren’t exposed. In a very lady like fashion of course ;)

As any good Maid of Honor would…Leah pitched in. She didn’t want the girls exposed either!

wedding dress 7

I love this picture. It’s my little Meggie. Even though it looks like she is helping with the aforementioned task…she isn’t. She’s straightening out my necklaces. Just what little sisters are for.

wedding dress 8

dress 4

I think this picture perfectly illustrates the bride vs. the Dad on a wedding day. Ha! The bride is all smiles and glowing. The Dad…well…thinking how he could get a hold of the groom and a shovel.

wedding dress 12

He was a trooper though and walked me sweetly down the aisle. My dress swaying and swishing.

dress 3

Whoa buddy! Watch the hand! You aren’t married yet! Just kidding…he was guiding me to communion.

wedding dress 14 wedding dress 15

The dress was comfortable and very easy to dance in! And we sure did dance!

Here I am with my sisters.

Meg’s like “Hey”

dress 8

I’m like “ Yeah”. Gretta’s like “OMG…what is wrong with them!”

dress 9

If you came from Kelly’s blog then you have seen the dress at the end of her post. The one with the sash. That is almost exactly what my original choice for a wedding dress looked like. My Maid of Honor drove me all the way down to Portland (no sales tax people) to get it from a dress shop. When we got there the store owner suggested I try one more. I forgot all about the lace dress with a sash. I bought Isabelle that day.

It’s getting close to four years…but I still love my dress. I hope I don’t look back in twenty years and say “Uck…what was I thinking”.

About these ads

8 Responses to “my wedding dress”

1. Lyndsey July 24, 2009 at 10:09 am #

your dress is gorgeous! i’m so glad someone is as equally obsessed about their dress as i am! :)

2. Amber July 24, 2009 at 7:50 pm #

Awwww beautiful!!!!

3. Katie July 25, 2009 at 6:13 am #

I’m sure you will always love it…it’s beautiful, especially the back! And your veil looks so pretty and delicate. Your day looked beautiful!

4. Kirsten July 25, 2009 at 8:34 am #

Leah! What a beautiful dress – a beautiful bride – now…where do I have a good picture of my dress?

5. Rona July 25, 2009 at 4:37 pm #

How fun! What a beautiful gown and terrific photos.

6. Jessica July 26, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

Your dress is beautiful!! I am sure in 20 years you will still love it!! :)
    I borrowed my dress from the lady I worked for at the time (I was a nanny, she’d been married 6 months earlier and had bought her dress in Europe for $2,000 and offered to lend it to me for my wedding!)
    We have moved a lot since getting married, and to be totally honest I am kind of glad we haven’t had to move a wedding dress around with us!!

7. misty July 26, 2009 at 1:40 pm #

Leah-You talk about gorgeous! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! Your dress was killer! My favorite dress picture is the one of you with your dad walking down the aisle. It fits, hugs and hangs on your tiny little self so perfectly! That dress is to die-for and you looked beautiful. Reading your blog, you seem beautiful on the inside and out. -misty:)

8. Kimberly July 28, 2009 at 10:39 pm #

Came over from kelly’s….the dress is gorgeous, and it compliments you perfectly. Great choice, not and looking back later! And I love your bouquet as well…purple, my fave color.
    Cracks me up that you named it! And how did you come to know it as “isabelle”??
    Great pics!